Wednesday, March 24, 2010

It was 28 years ago today . . .




I earned my most honest dollar ever. Playing a Neil Young song.

Go figure.

And read about it here.

And don't forget to read the follow-up post here.

Was free-writing about it this evening. Here's a little of that:

. . . finding it there and then, as that guy--likely 3 to 5 years less than my "24 and so much more"--purposefully striding across the square, looking me in the eye, and HANDING me the DOLLAR, not just tossing it off in the case or even humbly placing it in, as at an altar, but handing it to me, eyes up and locked, all a purpose, handing me that dollar in exact appreciation.

The most honest dollar I've ever earned.

One of the great moments of my life.

2 comments:

  1. Is that a picture of the very honest dollar?(previous post). Also interesting fact about 28th birthday. I did not know that. Nice to be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right, Heather. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete